Sustainable building with vision
A responsible attitude towards nature, climate-friendly energy technology, economical use of resources and access to clean drinking water are criteria that will decide our future. This applies in particular to buildings, especially with regard to their profitability. Given that they have an operating life of 40 to 80 years, property owners and principals are faced with key questions.
What is still marketable today?
The general public, policymakers and industry face great challenges in view of climate change and the continually increasing global demand for natural resources. The combination of ecological and economic sustainability is the order of the day for the real estate industry. Nonetheless, there are many questions on the path to sustainable buildings.
- What is the best way to coordinate the complex interactions between individual trades, such as between the building envelope and building services equipment?
- How do you plan and implement economically feasible reconstruction and regeneration measures against the background of international certification standards for Green Buildings?
- How can one ensure that the building delivers on what the planning promises, thus guaranteeing sustainability in operation?
- What tools can be used to ensure that the finished Green Building was built in such a way that the targeted eco rating is achieved?
Green Building solutions for new and existing buildings and portfolios
As a founding member of the German Sustainable Building Council (DGNB), in addition to its Austrian and Swiss counterparts ÖGNI (Austrian Society for Sustainable Real Estate) and SGNI (Swiss Sustainable Building Council), member of the United States Green Building Council (USGBC), member of the Green Rating Alliance, and user of the Building Research Establishment Assessment Method (BREEAM) and the German sustainable construction evaluation system (BNB), we are experts in Green Buildings and their certification schemes.
Based on decades of experience in design and construction of sustainable buildings, we support you from the initial idea and concepts for new buildings and the analysis as well as optimization of existing buildings or entire property portfolios right through to certification and optimization of building operation.
Benefits and services
- Securing and increasing the market value of your building
- Competitive edge on the property market as the result of optimal certification and detailed environmental assessment
- Ecological sustainability and long-term profitability thanks to lifecycle assessment
- Protection against possible future carbon pricing through carbonneutral Green Building concepts
- Special controlling to ensure that targeted building quality and operational outcomes are achieved
- Optimization of building operation and reduction of operating costs
- Portfolio optimization through lean approaches to energy and sustainability
A number of certification systems have now become established in the market around the world. For us, the selection of the most appropriate and cost-efficient system is an important aspect of the certification process.